A peek into the life of the person behind the Etsy shop, as well as some design process and features of items I create.















Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beach Baby Blanket

My father's birthday was a lot of fun, he is now back on the bike path, enjoying the beautiful weather. We have the bike trails here, which are wonderful. . .they take the old train tracks in this area, and have converted them to bike paths. . .there are many sites for this, but here is one that I like: http://www.miamivalleytrails.org/whats.htm . It's called "Rails to Trails", with the motto "Spikes to Spokes", and it is changing the way many in this area commute and spend their recreational time. Hopefully you're also enjoying the beautiful weather. Speaking of, here is one of my favorite summer items, inspired by the idea of having fun in the sun, this is a very "fun" baby or toddler blanket. Each sea creature is crocheted freeform, which means it was created without a pattern, so each one is one of a kind, and unique. I enjoy the freeform crochet, and have had requests to create many different shapes...so far they have all worked out, from cupcakes, to flowers, to flamingos. Anyways, I always enjoy a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this blanket! It is so beautiful, colorful, and unique!!! This is a very talented artist! I can't wait for her next project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, thanks so much, so glad you like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete