A peek into the life of the person behind the Etsy shop, as well as some design process and features of items I create.















Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bright sunshine, bright colors, bright babe

So I've decided to make a change my blog a tad, starting now. It's going to get personal, because what in this life is better than personal? What, really, are we without that? So, that's what it's going to be, I'm going to start chit-chatting about my thoughts and life, not because I'm narscissistic, but because I hope through sharing to ignite something out there in someone else. . . Together Each Achieves More. Hahaha! :) Let's just be raw (which is a tad more than being real) and see what happens, shall we?


We're in the heat of the season, even here in Ohio. These July days with all of their humidity make one certainly thankful for AC, even for us who try not to use it but in the most sweltering of times. I love how the garden does so well right now, though. It's like the earth just knows that we're hot and a little wilted, but we get the joys in those colorful butterflies, the abundance of squash, and the occasional sprig of something else deliciously useful. Like in the yard, I found the starts of some peppermint, completely wild, mixed into one spot in the lawn. I immediately told my husband about it, so he wouldn't mow there, until I get it transplanted to a safer spot. I had actually been shopping for some on etsy (xoxox) to plant, and here our gracious God provided some for me, how, only He knows. . .since we're surrounded by carpets of beautifully chemically-serviced lawns (pouty lip). My husband is a little less fanatical about foraging than I am (so many things have become a faux pas in our culture, foraging is one of them. . .interestingly the most useful of plants like the dandelion and milk thistle are looked down upon, but they're SO good for you!! Those most copious we clearly need...isn't He SO smart?!?) and we are those interesting people on the block who live in very fine suburbia with every luxury within a mile, but we don't spray our lawns, plant whatever we want to eat in our backyard (not the front....yet, ((grin)) ), and my 5-year-old scolds our neighbors about the hazards of chemical fertilizers and pesticides every chance he gets. I have GOT to figure out a kind and easy thing to say when that happens, though of course, he's right.

Anyways, the thrills of protecting our aquafer aside, I am featuring my primary color cocoon this week. Free shipping if you mention my blog AND 15% off (all refunded via paypal, just mention my blog in message box while checking out). Think it's wierd I use acrylic yarn? I am destashing by making up so many fun things right now. . . I can't wait to dig into my new stash of organic natural fibers, which my shop will be going to exclusively once everything else is wisely utilized. You've heard it here first, will share pictures of my beloved organic cotton soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment