A peek into the life of the person behind the Etsy shop, as well as some design process and features of items I create.















Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spinning Out of Control

I am completely and totally in love. Head over heels. I think, for the umteenth time in my life that I have finally found the love of my life. (Insert husband laughing at yet another crafting endeavor less than a week into it). Last Thursday I learned how to spin yarn by hand on my new spindle from lovely roving purchased from multiple etsy shops, and now I have all kinds of delightful fluffy woolen goodness, and I'm spinning out of control. It's my new favorite thing ever, so much a new favorite thing that I completely forgot about finishing up the lovely organic cotton hats I promised. I will get those up sometime in the next week. . . ish. . . really. I have been wanting to learn how to spin for a very long time, and I finally just ordered a spindle, lots of wool, and jumped in. I can't say enough how much I enjoy it, and I am thinking that this winter, not only will there be lots of handspun woolen goodies to warm a frozen human in the tundra, but I might even be so in love with spinning that I might make some of my future new yarns available in my shop (that's right, I have my eye already on more wool to purchase, oh yes I do). :) I have many more new creations coming, but I can share one yarn in fall colors that excited me quite a bit. A deal this time with the blog? I'll continue with the 10% off anything in my etsy shop and free shipping if you mention my blog at checkout. Interested in yarn? Convo me and I would completely delight in the idea of spinning up a special custom yarn just for you, and by being my first yarn order, I have a very special deal for you as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment